DeepStack Privacy Inquiry

Hello! I’ve been reading about DeepStack AI, and was hoping to get some clarification regarding the following questions:

• Are any images sent off my PC to any DeepStack servers, DeepQuest servers, or any other “cloud servers”?
  • Does the DeepStack AI Server send any data from my PC to “cloud servers” at all?
  • Does the DeepStack AI Server initiate any external connections external to my PC? (i.e., data transfer for AI analysis, updates, etc)
  • Does the DeepStack AI Server hosted on my system communicate with any “cloud servers”?
  • Is DeepStack AI Server completely self hosted with no external connections for AI analysis?

Generally, I am curious how private my data is handled if I chose to use DeepStack AI. Would you please point me to any documentation out there that discusses this? I love what the DeepStack team has created and I hope to use this awesome AI model!

Hopefully you get a good answer on the specifics,

I just will mention that, depending on your setup and usage requirements (do you need cloud?), you can run deepstack completely offline with no internet connection, and it works great. I do this currently (entire system is isolated from internet and home networks) and it is very simple and trustless. If you still need some access to the system from the outside, some people setup a vpn for this to access their networks at home.

1 Like

@shallowstack Thanks very much for the response to the OP’s question :pray:

@DeepUser1234 Please find below answers to your questions.

• Question: Are any images sent off my PC to any DeepStack servers, DeepQuest servers, or any other “cloud servers”?

Answer: No. DeepStack doesn’t send any images to any cloud server, include our DeepStack and DeepQuest AI servers. You can verify this by reviewing the DeepStack source code on GitHub here GitHub - johnolafenwa/DeepStack: The World's Leading Cross Platform AI Engine for Edge Devices

• Question: Does the DeepStack AI Server send any data from my PC to “cloud servers” at all?

Answer: Yes. Every 24 hours, DeepStack pings our servers to log information about the host machine specifications on which it runs; this information is used to analyse the type of devices on which DeepStack runs and allows us to use the information to optimize performance, address errors/crashes as well as develop new versions of DeepStack for specific platforms. You can see the exact data being logged in this part of the DeepStack source code on GitHub.

Can it be disabled? Yes. You can run DeepStack with the Flag - -SEND-LOGS=False to disable the logging, as seen in the source code here

TAKE NOTE: This data doesn’t container any personal information or IP that can be used to identity the user. Even in logging active endpoints, only inbuilt endpoints are logged with their actual names. Custom model endpoints’ names are not sent to our server to protect any user, product or project name that may have been given to the model.

• Question * Does the DeepStack AI Server initiate any external connections external to my PC? (i.e., data transfer for AI analysis, updates, etc)?

Answer No. DeepStack only responds to applications that calls its APIs and do not perform external connections to any server or application. All functionalities are built-in and work fully offline ( without internet )

• Question: * Does the DeepStack AI Server hosted on my system communicate with any “cloud servers”?

Answer: No. It doesn’t communicate with any cloud server except when it sends log information to our DeepStack cloud servers for analytics purposes only, which can be disabled.

• Question: Is DeepStack AI Server completely self hosted with no external connections for AI analysis?
    Answer: Yes. DeepStack works fully offline and does not depends on any external or cloud APIs or analysis to function.

For more information on DeepStack, visit the DeepStack links below

Documentation: https://docs.deepstack.cc
DeepStack Dev Center: https://dev.deepstack.cc

2 Likes