Network Hardware setup info

Hi,
Just bought a Windows PC with Intel I5-12600K processor with Quick Sync, 16GB DDR5 memory, a 2TB SSD for data and a 250MB SSD for Windows. I have 8 POE E891AB 4K Lorex cameras and a N841 Lorex NVR. My intent is to install BI and DS on the new PC to finally get better detection performance than the Lorex NVR software offers.
I found a lot of very good either forum conversation or Youtube videos explaining the SW configuration options for BI and DS. What I have a hard time to find is info on the HW setup, like how do I link the Router, the NVR, the new PC? Another example of a HW question that I have, if I need a 9th camera, where do I plug it in, the NVR only has 8 POE RJ45 slots available?
If someone can point me to either videos or already existing conversations on the subject, I woud appreciate it.
Thanks,
MIchel

You need a network switch like Amazon.com to connect the PC, router, and NVR.

If you intend to have more cameras you should get a NVR with more ports, but double check the manual first. Most NVRs I’ve used that have dedicated camera ports will not support more cameras.

If you have BI though you don’t need a NVR, BI is your NVR. The Lorex NVR is redundant here, all you need is a switch with POE ports to power the cameras. Though you have to make sure the cameras have ONVIF support so they work with BI.

Thanks, I already have a TP-Link POE switch model G1005P. It has 4 ports, but since I have 8 cameras, I guess that I should get an 8 ports POE switch?
I guess also that I should have 2 rj45 ports on my computer, one to go to the router and one for the 8 port switch. Is that ok?
For the HW connections : If all of the above is ok, I should have all 8 cameras pluged in the 8 POE port switch, the switch connected to one of the RJ45 ports in the computer, the other RJ45 port of the computer plugged in the router. The N841 NVR not connected anywhere.
Thanks,
Michel.

Assuming the NVR supports the POE, all 8 cameras should be connected to the NVR.
NVR must be connected to your home network.
PC must be connected to the same home network.
Then the PC will “see” the NVR through its local IP.
The 9th camera will not be using the NVR and must be connected directly to the same home network. Here comes the POE switch you have. connect it to the home network and the 9th camera to it.
Then from PC you access the NVR (for the 8 cameras) and directly the 9th camera for, well, the 9th camera.
Just in case it is not clear to you - the NVR creates its own internal network between itself and the 8 cameras that is not visible to the home network. Check the NVR’s documentation about the onvif url structure of how to access each camera.