New windows version?

You’ve been talking about a new Windows version. Since it isn’t included in this major release and move to open source I’m wondering if this is still planned for release anytime soon n

2 Likes

I too am curious. The version I can find still prompts me for an activation key (or something like that).

yes, I am also keen on the native windows version with GPU support! Any more info?
Thanks for all the good work.

1 Like

Hello @shallowstack @Ken98045 @smarty
The windows version will be out in a week’s time.:slightly_smiling_face:
With GPU support

8 Likes

I did manage to get the Linux GPU version installed on windows via WSL . Doing photo object detection it took from 400ms to about 550ms. On existing the native windows version it was in the range of 1750ms to 2100ms. Overall it seemed like 400% performance increase. I have mid range NVidia board. If you want to spend $1600 on a video card it would probably be better. Hopefully the “official” Windows release will be faster. Graphics cards are very expensive now due to the Pandemic.

I have say that this setup was remarkably complex and took 8 hours or so to get going. A large part of that time was probably because I only use Linux about once a year. The setup steps are mostly available from DeepStack, but there is a LOT that they don’t tell you, or are not that easy to do because I kept getting to roadblocks along the way. There are a LOT of steps too.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for it! :smile:
I tried deepstack GPU and is so much better.
Having it in windows, where all the other apps are (blue iris, AI tool, etc…) would make it amazing!

3 Likes

Hello @john. Are you planning on releasing the windows GPU version this weekend?

1 Like

Hello @sagarspatil, the windows versions cpu and gpu will be out this noon:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone told you but you are awesome!

2 Likes

:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
Thank you so much @sagarspatil. I really appreciate this.

In keeping with this promise, here is the release DeepStack Windows Version CPU and GPU Beta

3 Likes