Portainer on Jetson

If you are running Deepstack on a remote server like a Jetson, a UI for managing the docker containers and viewing Deepstack logs is to use Portainer.

On Jetson (or any similar linux server) I installed with:

sudo docker volume create portainer_data

sudo docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 --name=portainer --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer-ce

Then navigate to server_ip:9000 to view Portainer.
The UI for Deepstack looks as below, and the container can now be administered via the Portainer UI, rather than docker commands over SSH. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Also jtop is a nice tool for monitoring the system

2 Likes

So being new i have a dumb question. I have deepstack running in GPU mode and i have portainer installed. When i run deepstack from the command line, it shows up in portainer but if i stop it either by command line or through portainer, it disappears and all that i can see is downloaded image.

How can i fix it to where its in portainer all the time? Im new to docker and portainer so be gentle… LOL thanks for what ever help you can give.

I forgot to add that im running this on Ubuntu 20.04

@fogkeebler You have stopped your container. You can start it from the UI below, and this will keep it running even when you exit the UI

also you should read https://docs.docker.com/config/containers/start-containers-automatically/
Cheers

1 Like

thanks for the info. The problem i ran into was when i was SSH’ed into the server, if i closed down the ssh window {using Solar Putty) it would kill the container, then portainer would show it as gone. BUT thanks to the link you provided i was able to get it working. thank you.

1 Like

Another nice utility for monitoring Jetson system:

Note you may need to first sudo apt-get install python3-pip